Sunday 3 July 2016

THOUGHTS | KINDNESS

Image taken  from google images.


My mum told me to be kinder than you feel and to treat people as you wish you to be treated.  However, being as I moved through education, from primary school, to high school and now being in University. That lesson was the one I kept having to keep in the forefront of my mind. Especially with all the drools

of high school; the bitchiness, the gossip and the crushes. 


Now as I am now in University I still remain true to myself and doing my best to be kinder than I feel.  However, you need to be careful so that people do not take advantage of that.  I have recently found myself in that situation. I suffer from anxiety, I close into myself, doing my best not burden my friends so that they don't catch me not being the ‘perfect’ friend.  Even though my friends are sensational and have helped me deal with my anxiety. Although when I accidentally snap at close friends of mine if I am irritable or just having a bad day as WE ALL HAVE BAD DAYS. 

 It is almost like as I do my best to be as kind and as open as I can all the time and especially in university with all the stress of deadlines, the lack of sleep and the self-inflicted illnesses (as you may or may not have been out the night before...) it can sometimes be difficult.  So when if I snap, it almost comes to a shock to my friends so they get almost shocked and it hurts more than it seems it should. Seemingly one rule for everyone, then another for me.   Of course, this is not the case but your mind does over-exaggerates everything when you are stressed or overwhelmed.


Just Breathe and never think you are too big to apologize.  That is the best advice I can possibly give. Arguments were never solved with more arguments. So, just breathe and talk.  Express how you are feeling as if you keep it inside it will just eat at you. You can never know what someone else is thinking or feeling exactly.  So cut them some slack and they should do the same for you.

Kindness and patience are humanities greatest gifts.

We are all just trying to figure out a way around the troubles of life and find happiness in the small areas.

Love, Tay.

No comments:

Post a Comment

.

.